Remedial Massage supports the physical body in moving & working better. It involves a system of assessment and treatment of muscles, tendons, ligaments & connective tissues of the body. The application of various massage techniques combines in Remedial Massage to assist in injury & pain management with a focus on reducing or removing the individuals presenting issues.
My approach is unique and is blended through study, assessment, observation and application. I am constantly upgrading my knowledge and studying new methods to improve my effectiveness and help others.
Remedial Massage is great for improving blood and lymphatic flow and circulation. It provides excellent results in improving scar tissue and connective tissue adhesions resulting from injury. It will reduce and/or eliminate muscle spasms and tensions as well as being supportive in the management of conditions such as RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury), Fibromyalgia and Arthritic pain.
All areas of the body can be supported and improved, with pain reduced or eliminated effectively.
- Neck pain & headaches.
- Back pain & limited mobility.
- Shoulder, arm, elbow & wrist pain & lack of function.
- Hip, knee ankle & leg pains & lack of function.
- Deep sub-viscera Psoas muscles.
Supportive treatment to reduce and/or eliminate pain, ailments, tightness & soreness presenting anywhere in the body.One way of treatment is not the only way to treat each person to get the best results. Some individuals require a hard pressure approach that penetrates deep into the muscle tissues. For others a gentle, almost passive application of pressure will release their body, producing alignment. A quality outcome requires the right blend & depth of pressure, holding time, mobility, direction of movement and associated breathing. Each massage is a co-ordinated approach with the client to ensure that they remain safe & comfortable.
- Balancing of left and right sides of the body. Particularly effective in hip rotational issues that may present as pain, loss of function & restricted mobility in back shoulder, neck & / or lower leg & feet.
- Improved function and mobility of joints and articulating surfaces. Including bending over and rotational movements.
- Will lengthen short tight muscles and increase tone & condition in weak, loose muscles.
- Release bound up connective tissue in the fascia, ligaments, and tendons.
- Reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Improve recovery from injury and reduce down time from sport or work.
- Effective management of sciatic nerve entrapment.
- Postural problems. Engage the body to correct & balance spinal deviation & rotation issues such as Scoliosis, Kyphosis, forward head flexion, Upper & Lower Cross syndromes.
- Supportive of diaphragmatic breathing issues.
- Releases nerve bundles that may be restricting messaging from the brain to the body (efferent) and the body to the brain (afferent).
- Alleviate repetitive strain injuries.
- Improves sensory loss.
To find out more about how my massage treatment therapy could benefit you and your body, give me a call or send me a message. I look forward to working with you.
Check for available appointments and book online now. It's quick and easy, and pay when you visit.